.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tulane Honors Program

Friday, September 08, 2006

Kick it up a notch!

Thanks to the round table and the two meetings concerning the Senior Honors Thesis, I have had the opportunity to meet so many of you this week! One would think that all those meetings would leave me exhausted; on the contrary, it was an incredibly invigorating experience. From proposals to launch a debate club, a movie group, and a book club to theses on game theory, small businesses before and after Katrina, and francophone literature -- not to mention lively conversations about the value of charter schools or health care in America, I moved from one fascinating discussion to the next. To be frank, after weeks of feeling like an administrator chained to the desk as I prepared for your return to campus, I finally enjoyed the types of intellectual conversations and experiences I had imagined would fill my days as Director of the Honors Program.
So, hope you all have a great weekend because you certainly made it a great week for me!
Feel free to make an appointment to discuss postgraduate plans or other issues of importance this week. Please remember that my office hours are by appointment (just contact Ms. Maxine to set it up at maxines@tulane.edu) MW 10:30-2, T 2-4, and F 1-4. Otherwise, I have open office hours on Thursdays 2-4. If I don't see you this week, MARK YOUR CALENDARS: Thursday, September 21, 4:30 - 5:30 -- Professor Steve Nelson will lead a round table on "The Geology behind the Katrina Disaster."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home