.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tulane Honors Program

Monday, August 07, 2006

Hello from the new director


Hello everyone! As the new director of the Honors Program, I first wanted to recognize Dr. Chris Brady’s hard work as director of the program for the past 2 years. Under his leadership, the Honors Program implemented a number of new activities/traditions, including the Tie-dye event, the Honors banquet for seniors, the spring Honors picnic, and the donning of Honors cords at graduation, all of which are scheduled to occur this coming year. Dr. Brady has handed over to me a vibrant and successful program that I am dedicated to seeing grow and thrive in the coming years.

During my 7 years here at Tulane, I have worked closely with several Honors students. Whether teaching Honors sections in the French language program or directing theses under the aegis of the Medieval & Early Modern Studies Program, I have greatly enjoyed the stimulating and rewarding partnerships that have always ensued. Indeed, many of my teaching highlights have involved Honors students and on more than one occasion, my own research has benefited tremendously from their input. In my new position, I hope to facilitate and nurture similar types of partnerships between students and professors as well as among students.

In the coming weeks, I will be learning the ropes of my new position. To that end, I plan to meet individually with the deans, visit Butler house, meet with RAs, and hopefully, meet and hear from many of you. Please feel free to contact me via email (dmcgrad@tulane.edu) or by office phone (504.865.5517). I’m more than happy to answer any questions and to hear any ideas you might have to make the Honors Program even stronger. To our incoming freshmen, I look forward to welcoming you during orientation week.

Sincerely,
Dr. M.
Deborah McGrady, Associate Professor
Director, Honors Program

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home