.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tulane Honors Program

Friday, February 10, 2006

Congratulations! (and a typo)

Congratulations to all those students who have just received their acceptance to Tulane and the Honors Program for Fall 2006! I realize that you will have many questions (and maybe some concerns) so I hope you will look around and feel free to email me (or IM).

Now, I also have to confess that there was an egregious typo on the letter that went out.

Now, I could tell you that it was the Admissions office that sent this letter out (which is true) or even that the printer was the one who made the mistake (which is also true, the copy from my office and Admissions is correct), but we should have spotted it. I hope that you will not hold this against us! After all, it is a person of true honor who acknowledges their mistake. :-)

6 Comments:

  • I just got my acceptance letter last Thursday, and don't worry about the typo- I was so excited I didn't even notice it. I am anxious to start my college career and I hope that it will be as a freshman in the Tulane Honors Program.

    By Blogger mkljaxn, at 10:43 AM  

  • Great Erin! That is wonderful to read. I look forward to meeting you soon!

    By Blogger Cb, at 12:22 PM  

  • As the parent of a current Honors Program student (Tulane, of course) and a teacher of writing to gifted students (and a terrible typist!), I find that hysterical! Everyone makes mistakes, and half the time, I don't even LOOK at letterhead, so give yourself a break! You all are terrific!

    By Anonymous ncgwmom, at 8:33 AM  

  • We just got a call today about our son being acepted to the honors program and inviting him to honors weekend. We are trying to book a flight from here (Florida) to New Orleans. Being that it is on somewhat short notice we want to make sure we have the details correct. March 12th & 13th all day and spending the night with a student there the 12th? Please advise if you have any info on this.

    By Anonymous Prospect Mom, at 9:04 PM  

  • Like Prospect Mom, I just received a phone call today informing me that I have been accpeted into the Honors College at Tulane, and I'm trying to make plans to get from Florida to New Orleans in order to visit. I would also greatly appreciate any information about the Honors Weekend. I am really looking forward to meeting you, hopefully soon!

    By Anonymous Stephanie Marie, at 9:12 PM  

  • Dear Prospect Mom - Yes! That is correct. Please feel free to email me directly with any more questions you may have. cbrady AT tulane DOT edu

    By Blogger Cb, at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home