.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tulane Honors Program

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Getting old...

This is apropos to nothing or anyone in particular, but my wife and I quite like the XM radio station called "XM Cafe." It is alternative, sometimes U2, Blues Traveler, Dave Matthews Band, Sting and so on. The old part... It turns out that XM describes the station as "soft alternative" and "a mellow approach to adult Alternative music." Ugh. That is the music that was played in the nurses office in elementary school! (Granted, in those days it was the Ray Conniff singers and Simon and Garfunkel, but still.)

I felt only slightly less hip when I read the description of my next favorite station "Fred" (and where did they come up with that descriptive name?):

Fred - XM 44
Until now, the Alternative sounds of the 70s and 80s didn't have a home on the radio. Fred brings you Depeche Mode, Bowie, The Clash, The Cure, The Smiths, liberally seasoned with Seattle Grunge and Punk.

2 Comments:

  • Hey - I'm 22 and this sounds like the kind of music I listen to. Don't feel old!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 PM  

  • Thank you! And it is great to see someone posting a comment. Why is it that folks don't feel they can do that on this blog?

    Please comment, if you feel so led!

    By Blogger Cb, at 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home